Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thanks for ALL you do!!!


GD&D's,
Recently, I told my wife that "I really appreciate all she does..." and the joy in her response was almost like the day I asked her to be my wife!!!??? So, of course I was impressed with the "thank you and I love you" commentary she gave me after my small bit of recognition, but was amazed that it had such a big impact!

What I realized was, that women (and men, but not for this post), especially those with children need to know that all the 'cleaning, laundry (although I do my own), diapers, suppers and taking care of the children, etc.' crave our appreciation and definitely deserve it. I honestly don't think my wife even realized she needed my recognition, but when it came it made all the difference!!!
I should clarify that, I also do a lot around the house which I will not list, but truth be told...she does more and it makes my life and my family's life much easier! If you're one of those GD&D's that actually out duals your better half for this recognition, then you're a better person the 'I'. The short version is that showing your appreciation takes very little to give, but offers great reward!

So, the reason for this 'post' today GD&D's is to offer this advice...let that special person in your life know that they're appreciated and you'll probably get a great response and in my case...a free pass to golf on the weekend! Not that I'm looking for anything in return of course!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment